Monday, December 22, 2014

Where could you be? A poem for something lost.

Where could you be?

I set you down.
You did not stay.
I'm getting pissed off.
Someone will pay.

Your importance is mild.
Yet frustratingly key.
I've looked in all the corners.
You are not where you'd be.

I"ve discovered odd things.
The search has been fruitful.
I found my ninja socks.
And a dusty old loofa.

A taco pin.
A robot keychain.
Zombie tattoos.
A bunch of magazines I meant to read and never did and now in addition to feeling like a loser because I lost something I shouldn't have I also feel like a slacker, because apparently I can't even finish a simple magazine.

I gave up and started writing.
But I vow to keep searching.
When I find it I will rejoice.
But until then I am sweating.


No comments:

Post a Comment