Friday, April 19, 2013

Taking a break from the nuttiness and horror...


My heart goes out to all those affected by what is happening in Boston and Texas - and frankly anywhere else in the world where one person's hatred reeks havoc on other people's lives.  Dear every asshat everywhere - get over yourself.

So, to perhaps give you a break from the madness - here are some snippets of the past couple of weeks...
It was freaking cold in Denver.
Let's start with the weird man on the Denver airport train.  He looked innocent enough, but just ten seconds into the ride from security to the first stop he handed me a small folded paper with happy puppy dogs and children cavorting on the cover.  "If you'd like to be happy," he said, "I'd like to show you the way."

I stared at him.  "What makes you think I'm not happy?"  I gave him the brightest smile possible and dropped his pamphlet in his lap.

"With everything that's going on in the world--"

"I will not debate religion or my personal happiness with you," I said.

"I hope you're not offended--"

"I am, but that's okay."  I thought I would be able to ignore the small-minded, arrogant weirdo, but for some reason, maybe for karma's sake, he started talking about his upcoming fishing vacation in Arkansas.  And once I knew he was headed to Arkansas to fish I did wonder if he was a spiritual messenger of some kind....um..not.

I need to wear a sign that says - Please don't try and convert me to your way of thinking.  I'm begging you.  For your own sake and the sake of others around you who will have to see you cry after you've finished speaking to me. - Then again, the writing would have to be too small.  Maybe just this - Buggar off.

I did not have to drive, which I wouldn't have minded, but it's more fun to take pictures when you aren't worried about swerving off the road. 
"Dude, It's late April...What the hell?"  "Stop complaining and ride, sissy."  (Things were harsh back in the day.)
 I finished the books I previously posted a picture of and am now onto the group below.  Of the previous books the one hardest to read was American Gods (because it was full of intelligent meaning and I had to concentrate), the most familiar was The Name of the Wind (because it was fantasy and was based in a land of villages, magic, and lacked motorized transportation), and the most life affirming was A Year in the World (because it was about food and travel, two things I love).

First up - Let's Pretend This Never Happened.  Funny stuff.
I attended two birthday parties this month - his and hers.  One was a first birthday and another a sixteenth, both special for different reasons.
This is how you work the camera, Auntie Kiki.  You press this button here.  I am one.  I know these things now.
She was attempting to beat me at the Easter Egg Hunt...she succeeded.  Sigh.
Candles on a cake can be terrifying...I'm with you, dude.  Wait until mine.  Bring a fire suit.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm from the Denver metro area! It was definitely cold this week, but hopefully all the snow will turn the mountains green! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too!! I used to live in Denver (Thornton and Westminster) and I love the city. I know you guys will be glad to see Spring. :)

      Delete