Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh, hey, Hi! Been a while...

I read the last entry in my journal the other day...my dad's birthday - May 20, 2011.  That was it.  Since then apparently nothing has happened.  But oh yeah, a few things happened.  Fine, let's be honest.  A lot has happened.  Not a lot of it wonderful, but some wonderful.  And worst thing is the un-wonderful stuff keeps on happening, along with the wonderful.

Life is just motoring along.  Much love to those affected by the recent tornadoes.  (True story - tornadoes frighten the poop out of me.)

In order to repair my severely damaged mental state I'm going to look past the current set back my wonderful uncle is enduring (cause he really is the bravest man I know...and I know a lot of men) and I will now focus on the good things happening around me.

January Kills Me is zooming up the Amazon charts again (read it went from a ranking of 6,000 to 3,800 in one day).  I searched the web, but couldn't figure out what list it landed on.  But it doesn't matter, that's fun, huh?  My writer friend almost had an agent.  I was REALLY happy for her and trying really hard not to be jealous (I was...a little).  But mostly I want her to be happy.  Cause I'm that kind of a person and she is a good person who deserves to have her book published.

Speaking of people, months ago I disowned an old friend for being massively selfish and bizarrely rude during my time of woe (after my father died).  I'm not sure what weird place she was in, but the uber-b%$#^ in me said NO MORE and did the mature thing...I blocked her on Facebook.  HA!  Take that.  *sniff

Note to self - stop with the negative thought...it leads to fat.

My wonderful cousin and his wife just gave birth to a fierce little one named Adeline.  Adeline was a super baby ninja who managed to make it to the finish line even through the odds were stacked against her.  I can't wait to get to know her.  (I imagine she will punch me and I will teach her the karate I know...which isn't much.)

And I will go to the gym now and hopefully watch episodes of NCIS...cause the show is completely fantastic.
From EarthSky

Oh - and go outside tonight and see all the planets.  JUST DO IT!  And go to Earth Sky to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment